Sunday, November 12, 2017

Working...

It's November, and this year the month is living up to my most unfavorable expectations.


But I have been sewing, quilting, planning, even though you would not assume from the frequency with which I have been presenting it on the blog.
I have quilted more pieces for The 70,273 Project and sent off some to be pieced.



I am working on the next challenge for the 12 by the Dozen Group and have posted a teaser on the blog.
I am working on a traditional bed spread which I want to give away as a present for Christmas, I am planning quilts that might be made for entering Quilt National, if I ever have the guts to do that.

And I am still involved with refugee things. I sent a letter to the editor in repsonse to an article in the Süddeutsche Zeitung, which was published and which has resulted, amongst other reactions, in the very unpleasant experience that a know right-wing radical took the trouble to find out my e-mail address and sent me a blasphemous mail about how stupid I am and that I should not invite all those stupid Africans to come here. Which I hadn't done in the letter, nor have I ever done it anywhere. All I want to achieve is that people who are here are being treated as human beings, and that Germany, and especially Bavaria stops waging a war against a few refugees by maintaining 'law and order'. I did receive positive responses, too, and even the author of the article I responded to wrote to me in a very positive manner. So overall the positive responses were more numerous than the negative ones.
I wonder where this country is coming too...

1 comment:

  1. I love your blogs and have been reading them for a long time. I don't know you but really admire your work ( and attitude) with the refugees. The nice people outweigh the twisted ones. Keep your spirits up!

    ReplyDelete