Tuesday, October 24, 2017

texting and IQ - classes at Nadelwelt Karlsruhe

I have submitted a new class to teach at the Nadelwelt Karlsruhe in May next year, and have been accepted. So instead of selling fabrics at the stand I will be back to Nadelwelt as a teacher, May 4 through 6, 2018. Gillian Travis and I have been talking about how we will celebrate our birthdays, which happen to be on the same day and on that occasion, but we haven't decided yet what we are going to do.
The new class I will be teaching will be  a class in which I show my techniques when I am making my text messages quilts. Text is pretty popular right now, but a lot of people print on fabric whereas I have so far concentrated on stitching all the texts I am using. It will be an adventure!
The other class I will be teaching will be my class "IQ - from inspiration to quilt", which I will teach there for the last time. It has been a rather popular class, but last time I taught it I had the feeling that it needed to be re-vamped. So although I am not going to totally discontinue it, I will certainly change the schedule and concept and make it a different class, although with some of the same techniques. However, in Karlsruhe it will be the same still. So here's a last chance for gaining some IQ!
So I will not be selling my fabrics at a stand, either, but I will of course bring my fabrics to be bought in class, if students so wish.
And perhaps for the year after I might apply for an exhibition at Nadelwelt. It's been a long time since I had a solo show, and now that Maastricht has been cancelled, where I thought I had been lined up, and then a solo show in Rome also was cancelled... I think I need some more show-deadlines to push me a bit harder in terms of making quilts. But I might have decided to try to enter Quilt National next year. At least I have ideas for three quilts that would make up a decent 'body of work'. If I have enough time to get them done.
Last week I have been stitching text messages 14, which is in answer to a local challenge of the German Patchwork Guild on the theme of "(at) home".



Just a few more stitches, and then I have to figure out how to finish it. Probably won't be a three-layered quilt, but that hasn't been decided yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment